Saturday, May 14, 2011

big news...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I'M MOVING TO BROOKLYN!

So here's the big news! Not totally sure of when, but in the next month or so my boyfriend and I will be moving to brooklyn! A manager position has opened up in the west broadway Trader Joe's and my boyfriend got the gig! so this means we will have to be moving to the city area, preferably brooklyn. So as soon as I get back from my little weekend get away we are going to start looking for a place! He will have to commute for a bit since the position calls for him to start in only a little over a week!.. but we are trying to put a timeline on the whole thing and we are hoping by July we will be ready to move.

So this means we need to be saving every last cent, it also means I will be selling a whole bunch of my personal vintage collection. You see, I like to hoard vintage dresses that I think are too too pretty to pass up or pass on cause how often do you come across a gem like this?.. But truth is they need to see the light of day and I need the cash to start our new life in the big city! So keep your eyes peeled for new things hitting the shop in the next week or two.

Speaking of ways to make cash.. would anyone out there be interested in sponsoring lil' old me? I felt kind of silly about it before, but now that I feel like I have some great readers out there and lots of ladies selling vintage and other wears, I figured I would give it a go. I promise the prices will be rock bottom as far as sponsoring blogs go, and the money goes to a great cause! Email me at emilyrtheobald@gmail.com if your at all interested, and if i get a good enough response i'll be taking spots for the month of june :)



* All photos from the New York Public Library flickr

10 comments:

Liz said...

i remember the feeling when i decided to move to brooklyn. so exciting! congrats!

can't wait to see all the vintage goodies for sale...

Anonymous said...

sounds so exciting, congrats! ive always wanted to live in brooklyn! can't wait to see what goodies you put up in the shop xxx

Joy said...

Congrats! Gah jaw dropping photos that reminds me of Doisneau but of Brooklyn instead of Paris.

Phara said...

Brilliant, exciting times await you! Curious about the stuff you'll be selling too.
X

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

oh my, congratulations! ^^ x

Emma Lavelle said...

Congratulations! How exciting! Good luck with finding a flat and with finding sponsors xx

Dulcie said...

Oh wow, congratulations! What happy news :) I'm moving to London this summer so we'll be having a bit of a shared lifestyle experience! I can't wait to follow your posts and see how it all unveils :) Good luck! xx

hillary said...

I'm first jealous that your live with someone who works for Trader Joes. And second that you're moving to brooklyn, probably the only other place in the country I'd consider residing in.
Can't wait to see your vintage gems as well. :)

Meg said...

yay that's so exciting! I can't wait to see all your vintage goodies from Brimfield!

Renee said...

Wow that's amazing!!