Sunday, June 5, 2011

denim

Photobucket

I got this denim dress at the thrift store last week. A good simple denim dress is always on my list of things to look out for at the thrift stores. I cam across a really cool one a few years back with braiding and cool shaped cups, kind of like that denim cropped top I have, But it was too big, and since then I just haven't come across the right one. When I saw this 90s stretch denim body con button up dress with belt loops at the waist! I knew I had found you! It's maybe just a tad too small, pulls a bit at the buttons of the bust, but I'll deal with that! to be honest, I'll probably wear it this summer then sell it one day, I'm just not that huge of a denim person, even though I try.

The braided leather belt was also thrifted, not sure from where or when. These awesome shoes I got at a yard sale for $2, they were missing the buckle, but thats an easy and cheap fix at the cobbler. I have to bring them back actually, the heel is starting to bend a bit from the rest of the shoe, hate when that happens! I love these babies!

That last photo is just a cute little spot in my backyard I just kind of moved my photo spot to. We live in the upstairs apartment of my boyfriends parents house, so they live downstairs. This spot is like right in the backyard behind the house, I always felt a bit weird taking photos over there cause I don't know if they are in there watching me! lol. My normal spot is on the side of the houe in the driveway, but these flowers are just so pretty, and it's only my boyfriends parents, who leave us alone most of the time away.. so whatever. I guess I'm gonna have to get used to taking my outfit photos in public, cause I know once I'm living in brooklyn I'll want to take some shots on the street.. so it's time to suck it up! :P

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

10 comments:

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

Yep, I've just moved to taking my own photos in public. Le yikes, but it's better than not taking pictures! I do love that first shot of you. : )

Frannie Pantz said...

I know how you feel as well. I have yet to venture out of my comfort zone to take photos. These look lovely though! Nice denim dress!

Annalise said...

Wowza. That dress fits you perfectly. You're lucky to have such beautiful flowers in your own backyard. i just have an ugly cement driveway. Taking photos in public takes a bit of getting used to, but I'm sure you're a natural, so no worries. :D
XOXO

Jessicat said...

Your hair looks so dark and luscious. I like the almost curl you've got going on too.
Lovely!

Dulcie said...

It looks super hot on you! xx

. said...

Beautiful dress! Love the leather accessories!

SoFashionistica said...

I take most of my photos in public and believe me...each time it gets a little better!
I really like this denim dress, it looks very nice on you!

etta said...

wow! you're so beautiful and the dress looks very good on you!

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

What a wonderful find! It is such a beautiful dress! I love the way it fits over your shoulders - it looks gorgeous!

x
www.lostinthehaze.com

Emma Lavelle said...

I love a good denim dress and this one is perfect! x