Monday, August 29, 2011

museum of natural history

Photobucket

Last week on Tuesday while Chris and Courtney were still in town we took them to the Museum of Natural History on one of the nicest weather days we have had here all summer. The Humidity was gone, the sun was shinning, and we did a bit of walking and I don't think I ever broke a sweat! It had been a bit over a year since Jeremy and I had last been to the museum, and a much longer time for Chris and Courtney. My favorite exhibits are the Hall of Gems and the Hall of Biodiversity! It was nice looking around with some friends, we were even there when that earthquake hit! Well, we didn't know about it for like 3 hours after, cause we didn't even feel it in there. Which is kind of a bummer, cause I have never experienced one before. An earthquake and hurricane all in one week.. damn!

So after wandering about the museum, we took a walk to central park and found a nice little nook in a rock and sat for a while and took in the nice day. After that we went to go get some lunch, and then headed back to Brooklyn after that. That was their last night in town, and we decided to just stay in and make some snacks and and just enjoy each other. Those country mice were not so used to big city walking, and after doing quite a bit of it that day and the one before, we were all pooped. It was really great having them in town, I can only hope their next visit is longer than 2 days!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great photos, I love all the ones of the rocks and crystals, totally inspiring. Very chic museum goers. Also the shot of your friends looks like a still from some great indie film. I'm sure this is a dumb question but is this the same museum as featured in catcher in the rye?

styleeast said...

I love your outfit, the hat is so cute! Great photos, sounds like a good day out.

So glad to have discovered your blog, it's my absolute new favourite, and I've directed all my readers to it too (in my post before last!), so maybe you'll be getting a lot more people from the UK following!

Annalise said...

Oh! I just LOVE Natural History museums. Though I have never been to the one in NY. I sure hope that you are keeping safe with all the wild weather on your coast. Eek!
XOXO

Unknown said...

beautiful photos in the museum!

girl and bird said...

looks like so much fun! love the hat..

Annah xx

girlandbird.blogspot.com

the wild bunches said...

Natural History Museum's gonna be the first thing to visit when I'll came over there. Such a beautiful place! And you look lovely in that outfit x

Moon said...

I love very much these outfit! Great look!

Moon