Monday, February 27, 2012

bow crazy

Photobucket

Wow! First outfit post in quite a while!! I know I said I would be better at this.. but I have not been keeping up with things this month.. but all of that it about to change! I have some very exciting news that I forgot to share on here.. I got a new job!! I start today actually, in about an hour, at Beacon's Closet!!! If you are a reader of this blog, than you probably know that this is a total perfect fit! I got a full time position at the Park Slope location, and I am beyond words excited for the wonderful things this job will bring. I go there to trade all the time, the girls who work there seem really nice and first dibs on vintage duds?! Perfect!! This also means I will be wearing my normal clothes more often (when working at Trader Joe's I had to wear jeans and a tee, so outfit posts were hitting a low) and will be once again documenting my daily outfits!!

So here is my outfit today, I actually wore this same one a week or more ago, but I only shared it on Instagram. I have basically been rocking some version of this outfit for the last two weeks. I came across this black ribbon which goes perfectly around my neck tied in a bow! And I have still been all about the layering and the playing around with separates. And of corse the thigh highs and knee socks have been a constant wardrobe choice as well. As for the rest of this outfit, I got the blue sweater with a horse printed on it at Donnaland warehouse in St. Louise back in November. The blouse, skirt and shoes are all thrifted gems.

Oh and my nails! Still on a pretty big nail kick, and while I was at Target last week I saw this set of nail stickers with little flowers and gems and I just had to get them. A little childish? Maybe. But when used the right way, you get these kick ass flower power nails that I have on right now. Mission accomplished!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

11 comments:

Frannie Pantz said...

Your nails are so pretty!

hannah, heart city said...

great look and i love your window flowers! have a good first day o work!

Phara said...

Congrats with the job, that's brilliant! Love the collar and bow, so cute.
X

jesse.anne.o said...

That's actually where I go to trade, too. I can't handle the Wbrg BC - it sets my mildew allergies off and grosses me out. The PS location is by far my favorite.

Congrats on the new job.

Caitlin Shearer said...

I love your collection of dried roses, Emily.
I've got some wilted ones left over from valentines and hanging them up to dry sounds like a good idea.

P.s. Working in a vintage shop, what a dream!

YEYE STYLE BLOG said...

So pretty! I love all the dried flowers everywhere and the nails :)

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys said...

You really have created the most gorgeous floral space for yourself. And hurray for more outfit posts. Congratulations on the new job too!

ADOREDVINTAGE said...

I love that you hang dried flowers on your wall! I do this too. Except I tape them to the wall, which is probably kind of lazy.

Unknown said...

Totally loving the tie and your cat is so cute!

http://www.designers-artists.com

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said...

congrats on the job! i love what you did to your nails! and now i want to dry flowers like you do!

lola said...

I admire your style!great blog,new follower, lola