Thursday, November 8, 2012

guest post: LA soundtrack by Emma Cooper

Photobucket

Hey there, this is Emma blogging on behalf of Emily. Today she is in my native Los Angeles, probably eating tacos and enjoying nice weather. It sucks, however I am beyond excited for her to experience the city I hold so near and dear to my heart. Since I'm not there to show her a good time and all my favorite spots I made a lil' welcome to LA playlist for her and for all of you here reading her blog. It's kind of a weird mix, maybe a bit obvious with all the songs having "California" in their names. Since I have been living in New York for over four years now, I don't listen to music like I used to (I also mainly listen to NPR when I drive around LA these days and that is no fun for a playlist) and it would be real weird if I went and got nostalgic for my high school days in this playlist so instead I tried to pick out some songs that embody what I think of as having a LA vibe. LA runs on a different speed than NY and if you are willing to sit back and enjoy some time stuck in traffic on the freeway with the radio up and the windows down and the sun setting into the horizon, you might just love it like I do!

No comments: