Thursday, September 19, 2013

street style in film

 photo 48630001_zpsb08b9cd9.jpg  photo 48630002_zpsca7df272.jpg  photo 48630004_zps722a04f4.jpg  photo 48630006_zpsf2173b76.jpg  photo 48630008_zps77f254d5.jpg

This year I took my first real swing at street style during new york fashion week. It was the first on second day of the week I think, I was having a meeting in the morning with my friend Amber about a look book we are working on together, and at the end of the meeting we just decided to go over to Lincoln Center and check out the scene. Amber has an ongoing polaroid project where she takes photos of strangers and asks them two questions, so she is quite good at walking up to strangers and asking to have their photo.

I was a bit shy about it, but I gave it a go. I was only shooting with my Canon Sure Shot film camera, and I really didn't have any interest in getting a full length of someone standing there looking like they were getting their photo taken. I much prefer candid natural moments and movements, so most of the photos I took were of just bits and pieces of people. I was really only drawn to people with lots of color or pattern or awesome accessories. I'm pretty happy with the way these came out actually, wish I had gone a few more days and tried my hand at it again.

3 comments:

Crystal Lee said...

cool shots! I like this approach of taking tid bits of an outfit. And of course, I love the use of film.

Kate said...

Wow! I love this approach. Very good pictures. You're a real talent!

Kate from Clear the Way

Bianca said...

I really like your approach to this rather than the classic "look at what this editor is wearing, youll never afford it BWAHAHAHAH"